Software Engineer (dotData Py)
Aug 24, 2022
dotData is looking for a high-caliber Python and Scala engineer to help us develop the dotData Py product.
dotData is a unique end-to-end solution for data science, including data import and export, automated Machine Learning, and its distinctive AI-powered feature engineering, which eliminates the most time-consuming and labor- and skill-intensive aspects of the full data science process, freeing up data scientists for higher-value tasks and enabling data engineers and business analysts to drive data science projects. dotData Py is a family of the dotData products and it has a Python interface for data analytics eco-systems and/or integration with user’s enterprise systems.
Things You Will do
Develop the dotData Py product with the Agile development manner: requirement analysis, architecture design, implementation, unit/integration testing, end-to-end testing, and technical supports of the product. It uses Python (for the user-interface codes) and Scala (for business logics and interfaces with the dotData core engines) programming languages, and Spark and Hadoop as core libraries.
- Well structured knowledge for software design, implementation and testing in Python and Java/Scala (or any typed language such as C++) with 3+ years enterprise-grade software development experience
- Great knowledge of DevOps platforms such as Jenkins, Github, JIRA, etc.
- Basic knowledge about data analytics, machine learning, statistics or relevant areas (e.g. learned with online courses).
- Japanese communication skill
Nice to Haves
- Experience working in a startup company
- Experience in software development in Agile and Scrum
- Experience of architecture designs by object oriented programming and/or functional programming
- Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS (EC2, EMR, etc.), Azure, GCP
- Experience with Hadoop ecosystem (Spark, Yarn, HDFS)
- Experience with Docker and Kubernates
- Experience with building data analysis pipelines, distributed computing and bigdata analytics
- English communication skill
What we’re offering
- Direct impact on the product
- Possibility to improve your skills in a very experienced and highly technical and motivated team
- Powerful hardware, 2 monitors
- Friendly atmosphere, no stress, no dress-code
- Flexible working hours
- Very comfortable office in the heart of Tokyo, or full remote working style
- Personal development budget
Apply to dotData
dotData is a Silicon Valley-based startup focused on full-cycle Machine Learning and Data Science automation. Our platform automates the entire process of building predictive models starting from raw business data through data and feature engineering to machine learning all the way to production. We have offices in the USA, Japan, and Poland. Fortune 500 organizations around the world use dotData to accelerate their ML and AI projects.
Unique to the dotData Platform is its AI-powered feature engineering, which eliminates the most time-consuming and labor- and skill-intensive aspects of the full data science process by discovering and evaluating millions of features derived from relational, transactional, temporal, geo-locational, or text data.
dotData stemmed from Dr. Ryohei Fujimaki’s experience in leading more than 100 data analysis consulting projects at NEC, across a variety of industries and for a variety of customers. Prior to founding dotData, he was the youngest research fellow ever appointed in the 119-year history of NEC, an honor given to only six individuals worldwide among NEC’s 1000+ researchers.
dotData is an Equal Opportunity Employer: we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.