Jun 6, 2022
dotData is seeking a Data Scientist to lead projects with our customers in Japan. In this position, your mission will be to work closely with customers to solve their challenges using dotData products, and to work with the engineering team to incorporate customer feedback into the product to continually enhance the product. This position will be specifically responsible for dotData Py, a dotData product that interfaces with Python.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Conduct product demonstrations and Proof-of-Concept (PoC) with prospective dotData Py customers, including aligning customer challenges with the value dotData brings, user enablement and support, and project management
- Responsible for product education, enablement, and support for dotData Py users and partners to optimize their use of dotData
- Serve as a trusted advisor to customers, advising on best practices in data science and related technical areas
- Gather user feedback and work with product/engineering teams to incorporate into the product development process and strategically respond to customer requests
- Create sales and marketing content (e.g. presentations, white papers, etc.) on products and technologies
- Must be able to travel and visit customers as needed
Minimum Required Experience/Skills
- Master’s degree in computer science or mathematical statistics (or other related field such as mathematics, statistical physics, optimization, etc.)
- 3+ years of experience working as a data scientist with customer contact
- Hands-on coding skills (Python preferred) and standard knowledge and skills in SQL and databases
- Technical knowledge in data science (data processing, feature design, model building and tuning, model deployment) and familiarity with common use cases in different industries
- Strong communication and presentation skills and a passion for communicating data science solutions to the broader client-side team to drive business impact
- English reading and writing skills
Other experience/skills that would be advantageous
- General knowledge of the data science ecosystem (cloud environments such as AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.; cloud data management such as Snowflake and Databricks; machine learning development environments such as Amazon SageMaker)
- General knowledge of analytical environments and compute infrastructure such as Docker, Hadoop, Spark, etc.
- Experience building data pipelines in the enterprise
- Expert domain knowledge of specific industries such as financial services, insurance, etc.
- English speaking skills
Apply to dotData
dotData is a Silicon Valley-based startup focused on full-cycle Machine Learning and Data Science automation. Our platform automates the entire process of building predictive models starting from raw business data through data and feature engineering to machine learning all the way to production. We have offices in the USA, Japan, and Poland. Fortune 500 organizations around the world use dotData to accelerate their ML and AI projects.
Unique to the dotData Platform is its AI-powered feature engineering, which eliminates the most time-consuming and labor- and skill-intensive aspects of the full data science process by discovering and evaluating millions of features derived from relational, transactional, temporal, geo-locational, or text data.
dotData stemmed from Dr. Ryohei Fujimaki’s experience in leading more than 100 data analysis consulting projects at NEC, across a variety of industries and for a variety of customers. Prior to founding dotData, he was the youngest research fellow ever appointed in the 119-year history of NEC, an honor given to only six individuals worldwide among NEC’s 1000+ researchers.
dotData is an Equal Opportunity Employer: we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.