Director of Engineering
Sep 1, 2023
dotData is seeking a Director of Engineering to lead a team of engineers across the United States, Japan, and Poland.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Lead an engineering team of approximately 60 engineers across three development sites (USA, Japan, Poland).
- Identify key engineering issues affecting the company’s business and product development.
- Responsible for project planning, including defining objectives & key results, assigning correct engineers to projects based on skills and technologies required, and supporting team members to achieve business outcomes.
- Perform staffing activities, including conducting interviews and reviewing test results from candidates.
- Primary worksite located in San Mateo, CA; position requires travel to Warsaw, Poland, and Tokyo, Japan, approximately 2-4 times per year.
Minimum Required Experience/Skills
- REQUIRED EDUCATION: Master of Science degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or closely related field
- REQUIRED EXPERIENCE: At least TWO (2) years of experience in the job offered or at least TWO (2) years of experience in the following:
- Managing a software engineering team of at least 20 engineers developing Enterprise web and data analytics applications
- Project planning, including defining objectives & key results and supporting team members to achieve business outcomes.
- Making key technical decisions for software products, requiring knowledge of Amazon Web Services, web application framework Angular, middleware software Nginx, PostgreSQL database, and DevOps tool Circle CI.
- Two years of experience must also include at least SIX (6) months of experience in the following:
- Technical product management working with Kubernetes and Hadoop
OTHER: Wage: $220,000.00. If offered employment, must have the legal right to work in U.S. EOE.
dotData is a Silicon Valley-based startup focused on full-cycle Machine Learning and Data Science automation. Our platform automates the entire process of building predictive models starting from raw business data through data and feature engineering to machine learning all the way to production. We have offices in the USA, Japan, and Poland. Fortune 500 organizations worldwide use dotData to accelerate their ML and AI projects.
Unique to the dotData Platform is its AI-powered feature engineering, which eliminates the most time-consuming and labor- and skill-intensive aspects of the full data science process by discovering and evaluating millions of features derived from relational, transactional, temporal, geo-locational, or text data.
dotData stemmed from Dr. Ryohei Fujimaki’s experience in leading more than 100 data analysis consulting projects at NEC, across a variety of industries and for a variety of customers. Before founding dotData, he was the youngest research fellow ever appointed in the 119-year history of NEC, an honor given to only six individuals worldwide among NEC’s 1000+ researchers.