Director of Information Security
Nov 24, 2022
Reporting to the CEO, the Director of Information Security is a leader who will be responsible for global Information Security practices at dotData. To ensure dotData is a trusted and secure platform, the leader will set a strategic vision and direction of dotData’s information security, implement and enforce security practices, develop the team, and champion security efforts through cross-functional collaboration with stakeholders.
Things You Will do
- Responsible for technical and non-technical leadership both in terms of product information security and corporate information security across US, Japan, and Poland
- Develop and maintain security requirements across dotData from a standards and controls perspective adhering to SOC 2, ISO 27001, and other best practice frameworks.
- Conduct risk assessments, report security measures to the corporate leadership team, proactively identify process and control gaps, and resolve these gaps and improve security practices, continuously.
- Develop and maintain a document framework of continuously up-to-date information security policies, standards and guidelines. Oversees the approval and publication of these information security policies and practices.
- Lead and oversee dotData’s annual security audits and activities required to support the audit program such as penetration tests by 3rd-party.
- Answer to vendor assessments for enterprise customers in both Japan and the United States.
- Manage information security incidents across the company.
- Build, inspire and coordinate a highly skilled and diverse Security team. Foster a culture of trusted cross functional partnership, service, and continuous improvement based on Key Performance Indicators.
- Demonstrated experience and success in senior leadership roles in risk management, information security, and IT security.
- Knowledge and experience with security and governance frameworks: SOC 2, ISO 27001, etc.
- In-depth knowledge of application security vulnerabilities and mitigations.
- Knowledge and experience with infrastructure security in a cloud-first/SaaS first environment (AWS and Azure); user endpoint security, Identity and Access, malware & AV protections, SaaS and online data storage.
- Ability to prioritize and drive multiple work streams forward simultaneously
- Ability to work with teams spread across different geographies
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English and Japanese
- Passion to drive security-awared organization culture with consideration of trade-off between risk adverse and business speed
Nice to Haves
- Knowledge and experience with software supply chain security (e.g., SBOM, CycloneDX)
Apply to dotData
dotData is a Silicon Valley-based startup focused on full-cycle Machine Learning and Data Science automation. Our platform automates the entire process of building predictive models starting from raw business data through data and feature engineering to machine learning all the way to production. We have offices in the USA, Japan, and Poland. Fortune 500 organizations around the world use dotData to accelerate their ML and AI projects.
Unique to the dotData Platform is its AI-powered feature engineering, which eliminates the most time-consuming and labor- and skill-intensive aspects of the full data science process by discovering and evaluating millions of features derived from relational, transactional, temporal, geo-locational, or text data.
dotData stemmed from Dr. Ryohei Fujimaki’s experience in leading more than 100 data analysis consulting projects at NEC, across a variety of industries and for a variety of customers. Prior to founding dotData, he was the youngest research fellow ever appointed in the 119-year history of NEC, an honor given to only six individuals worldwide among NEC’s 1000+ researchers.
dotData is an Equal Opportunity Employer: we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.