Covid-19: dotData Actions & Policies
Over the past several weeks, we have all seen the significant impact the Coronavirus (COVID-19) has had on public health, our societal norms and operations as well as how we conduct business.
As the situation continues to evolve, we felt it was essential to connect and share the steps we are taking to provide a safe and healthy environment for our employees and to ensure business continuity, service, and support to our customers.
Here is an overview of our current policies and actions:
- Per recent recommendations by local governments in both our Japan offices as well as our US headquarters, dotData employees are now working remotely to maintain social distancing and reduce the chance of inter-office contamination.
- We have taken great lengths to ensure that your sales manager, data science team, and support staff continue to be available, despite the challenges of the external market situation. As always, help is available directly via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and via your private slack channel. We are also taking steps to develop and deploy an online support portal to make the process of finding answers to frequently asked questions more accessible and faster. We expect this portal to be available to customers sometime in the 2nd quarter of this year.
- We have issued new protocols for employee business travel to limit and reduce the potential of exposing our team members, customers, or business guests to unnecessary risk. All international travel is currently suspended, and domestic travel has been severely restricted for in-person customer visits. With these decisions, we have increased access to all our customer-facing teams to collaboration and sharing platforms to enable virtual meetings via call/video conference.
- We have suspended travel to all trade shows globally until further notice. We are now in the process of establishing new digital channels that will significantly enhance our ability to provide both clients as well as prospective clients with digital content to educate and provide insights into the value of AutoML and our platform.
- Our new digital-first approach will allow us to continue to deliver top-quality deployment and training services to enable a seamless experience for customers as well as potential customers who may be about to start or be amid a Proof of Concept (POC).
Most importantly, we are encouraging our employees to be mindful of their health, and embrace the healthy habits that are part of all of our responsibility to slow down the potential for the coronavirus to spread.
We are closely monitoring guidance from government agencies and health authorities to ensure that our policies and practices keep our teams safe and healthy. We are actively adjusting our policies to reflect the latest recommendations, and we will advise if there is any impact on our ability to support you now or in the future.
Thank you for your continued support as a customer.
Ryohei Fujimaki, CEO
dotData, Inc. | dotData.com