May 3, 2022
dotData is hiring a high-caliber technical support engineer who is highly motivated to delight our customers with your passion and knowledge of product and technologies.
dotData platform is a unique end-to-end solution for data science, including data import and export, automated Machine Learning, and its distinctive AI-powered feature engineering, which eliminates the most time-consuming and labor- and skill-intensive aspects of the full data science process, freeing up data scientists for higher-value tasks and enabling data engineers and business analysts to drive data science projects.
Things You Will Do:
- Build and architect systems for managing clusters deployed on multiple cloud regions securely and efficiently. Investigate system performance, errors, and problems.
- Provide architectural guidance and recommendations about dotData product deployments for customers who deploy products on their sites.
- Work with internal teams to create solutions designed to meet customer expectations.
- Strong troubleshooting skills to logically go about solving problems
- Experience with Linux system administration and troubleshooting
- Familiar with scripting languages (e.g., Python) and comfortable with developing simple business logic in at least one language
- Familiar with Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, or other similar platforms
- Familiar with DevOps toolsets such as Terraform, Ansible, etc, CI/CD
- Excellent reading, writing, and speaking skills in Japanese
- Excellent reading, writing skills in English
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with Kubernetes, Hadoop, and Spark
- Knowledge of standard methodologies related to system performance and security
- Experience with remote work in asynchronous ways
- Excellent learner who loves trying out new technology and thinks deeply about how things can be done better
dotData is a Silicon Valley-based startup focused on full-cycle Machine Learning and Data Science automation. Our platform automates the entire process of building predictive models starting from raw business data through data and feature engineering to machine learning all the way to production. We have offices in the USA, Japan, and Poland. Fortune 500 organizations around the world use dotData to accelerate their ML and AI projects.
Unique to the dotData Platform is its AI-powered feature engineering, which eliminates the most time-consuming and labor- and skill-intensive aspects of the full data science process by discovering and evaluating millions of features derived from relational, transactional, temporal, geo-locational, or text data.
dotData stemmed from Dr. Ryohei Fujimaki’s experience in leading more than 100 data analysis consulting projects at NEC, across a variety of industries and for a variety of customers. Prior to founding dotData, he was the youngest research fellow ever appointed in the 119-year history of NEC, an honor given to only six individuals worldwide among NEC’s 1000+ researchers.