Web Backend (Scala) Engineer
Oct 17, 2022
dotData platform is a unique end-to-end solution for data science, including data import and export, automated Machine Learning, and its distinctive AI-powered feature engineering, which eliminates the most time-consuming and labor- and skill-intensive aspects of the full data science process, freeing up data scientists for higher-value tasks and enabling data engineers and business analysts to drive data science projects.
We are hiring high-caliber web backend engineers who are highly motivated to disrupt data science with automation. The backend of our platform realizes a highly scalable and robust web system that processes large-scale data (a.k.a. BigData) with ML/AI engines.
You’ll be working for a Silicon Valley startup that grows fast and never lets you get bored.
Things You Will do
- Understand user stories and specifications.
- Design efficient, stable, and maintainable architecture
- Implement and review code and tests, and integrate changes in CI/CD pipeline
- Work with other teams around the globe
- CS degree graduate or final year student
- Proficiency in Scala and its ecosystem or expertise in Java
- Experience with modern web framework and web-backend components like RDBMS (e.g., PostgreSQL, Oracle), MessageQueue (e.g., RabbitMQ), Modern web server (e.g., nginx), Container technology (e.g., Docker), Authentication system (e.g., LDAP), etc.
- Good knowledge of Unix/Linux OS, git, Jenkins, Github, JIRA, etc.
- Strong focus on the code quality
- Good knowledge of English (both spoken and written)
- Innovative and logical thinking
- Open to new challenges
- A team player
- Great communication skills
- Ability to work independently
What we’re offering
- Stock options
- Flexible working hours
- No overtime work
- Possibility of hybrid/remote work
- Office 5 minutes from Metro Centrum
- Small development teams: 2-5 devs
- Powerful hardware, 2-3 monitors
- Friendly atmosphere, no stress, no dress-code
Apply to dotData
dotData is a Silicon Valley-based startup focused on full-cycle Machine Learning and Data Science automation. Our platform automates the entire process of building predictive models starting from raw business data through data and feature engineering to machine learning all the way to production. We have offices in the USA, Japan, and Poland. Fortune 500 organizations around the world use dotData to accelerate their ML and AI projects.
Unique to the dotData Platform is its AI-powered feature engineering, which eliminates the most time-consuming and labor- and skill-intensive aspects of the full data science process by discovering and evaluating millions of features derived from relational, transactional, temporal, geo-locational, or text data.
dotData stemmed from Dr. Ryohei Fujimaki’s experience in leading more than 100 data analysis consulting projects at NEC, across a variety of industries and for a variety of customers. Prior to founding dotData, he was the youngest research fellow ever appointed in the 119-year history of NEC, an honor given to only six individuals worldwide among NEC’s 1000+ researchers.
dotData is an Equal Opportunity Employer: we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.